EB Scotland (t/a Score Environment) recognises the impacts that the activities of our business will have on the environment. As an Environmental Body operating within the framework of the Landfill Tax regulations, providing funding for projects under the Landfill Communities Fund, we are able to ensure all projects meet the highest possible environmental standards.
In our commitment to excellence in our activities we will ensure legislative compliance and, where practicable, exceed this minimum requirement by incorporating sound environmental management policies and practice into all projects we fund or undertake on behalf of others, and specifically:
- Promote a purchasing policy that will give preference, where practicable, to those products and services that cause the least harm to the environment;
- Reduce the consumption of fossil fuels by reducing loads, by improving the energy efficiency of lighting, power, heating and ventilation systems, and by the environmentally sensitive design of new and refurbished buildings;
- Avoid the unnecessary use of hazardous substances and processes, and take all reasonable steps to prevent damage to the public or the environment where such activities are essential;
- Develop efficient waste management and recycling procedures and use recyclable and recycled materials wherever practicable;
- Promote an awareness of environmental consequences in the use of transport.;
- Maintain and conserve natural habitats and provide an environment that is of benefit to local communities;
- Collaborate with appropriate external organisations to improve our understanding of environmental problems and their solutions.
In undertaking the above we will produce an annual report to determine our performance in each of the above areas.